The underlying philosophy of B.A. (Hons.) Business Economics course has been to keep abreast of the changing scenario of globalization of business and wider application of economic tools to modern business. The college strives to equip students with professional tools as well as management principles at graduation level itself and to impart sufficient knowledge in diverse fields of Economics, Quantitative Techniques, Finance, Econometrics, International Trade, Computers etc. The College also provides a platform to the students to excel in the field of research by participating and presenting research papers at national & international conferences. Till date the BBE Students of our college have presented more than 50 research papers at national/international conferences, have earned ten best paper awards at these conferences with another fifty odd papers being published in top rated Journals indexed with SCOPUS/WEB OF SCIENCE/UGC CARE etc. These research papers are publications with top rated publishers like Springer nature, Wiley, SAGE and so on. As far as employment opportunities to the students after graduating from this course are concerned , students have been absorbed as management trainees in corporate houses, data analysts, financial market analyst, entry level management professionals. The course also has a big scope to enable students to pursue higher studies in Economics, Management and Finance.
Course Structure & Semester-wise allocation : Please refer Delhi University website: www.du.ac.in
Activities of the Department of Business Economics
- Seminars and Workshops: Regular seminars and workshops are an integral part of the Department. The Department invites experts from industry and academic world to express their views on contemporary issues and problems. Recently TEDX talk was also organised by the Department.
- Industrial Visits: In order to expose students to the actual working of the industry environment, the Department organizes industrial visits, both local and outstation.
- Placement and Summer Training: Under the CBCS System (applicable till 2021-22) students had the option to undertake practical training for a period of six to eight weeks in a business, commercial, economic or research organization. The Department has a placement team whose job is to prepare a placement brochure and to search for companies willing to accept students.
- Research Guidance for Student’s Projects: The research guidance to BBE Students is the USP of the Department and this guidance is offered to them by the faculty to carry out research projects and present research papers at national and international conferences. The Department has been giving this guidance to students for the past ten years . The details of the same have already been discussed in detail above.
- Corporate Meet : BBE Corporate Meet is organised where alumni of the Department are invited and this has become one of the most successful events of the department. The alumni who also once were BBE students have a lot of attachment to the college and the course and hence provide much required guidance to students regarding opportunities in the corporate world and how to encash on these opportunities. Department has a rich alumni network and a lot of these former students are working with renowned organizations. Some of these organizations where alumni’s are working include American Express, Capital IQ, KPMG, AON Hewitt, Syllexo Solutions, J P Morgan, EXL, Ernst &Young, Mercer India, IndusInd Bank, Bank of Baroda, HDFC Bank, Reliance Mutual Fund, Black Rock Mutual Fund, AON, S&P Global, SenseHawk, Reliance India Cargil, NDTV, Exevo and so on.
Some of the BBE students have also become successful entrepreneurs e.g. Mr Upkar Joshi, founding partner Accent Capital, Sugam Jain , co-promoter gopaisa.com, and so on
- Higher Studies ; Many students also opt for higher studies and most popular courses opted by them are MBA and MA(Economics) . A lot of BBE students have got admissions to IIMs (former students have done MBA/PGDM from IIM Ahmedabad, IIM Lucknow, IIM Rohtak., IIM Kashipur, FORE School of Management, XLRI, XlMB and so on), MA Economics/Financial Economics from Madras School of Economics and other important Universities in India and abroad.
- BBE Society (I_novate): There is a society called I_novate which carries out all the activities of the Department. Every year elections to the society are held for different positions with the participation of all the students of the Department. Radiance is the annual festival of the BBE department which is also organized by this society
Faculty of the Department : Department of Business Economics has faculty with rich experience and expertise in their respective fields.